Thursday, February 26, 2009

The Sub-conscious

The Sub-Conscious, the under conscious part of us, which is actually quite conscious, we are the only ones who are unconscious of it, plays a huge role in who we are. 
Not only is our subconscious our dreams, but it is a huge part of our self esteem and our hidden identities. 

When you say something like, I don't want to smoke, or don't smoke. 
Your subconscious hears, smoke, smoke. 
Essentially your subconscious doesn't understand negatives. So instead I'm re-framing
how I say things, instead of I don't want to smoke cigarettes I will say:
I want to be clear
or sober
or clean 
or have fresh lungs
or free
or soft broccolli lungs
or pink fleshy insides
or I want relief

All of these things are clear indications of healthy living, and they all are independent of any negative sub-conscious flagging. It's a challenge to learn new ways of thinking, but I am confident this one just might pay off.

No comments: