Thursday, February 26, 2009

Move slow

How does someone forgive?

move slow, it takes time. 

I had a terrible experience last night, There was a guy who was sitting across from me and some friends at a bar. I happened to stumble into a debate with him. I was talking about how I want to be an entrepreneur and make my own living. And he was disagreeing, saying I was overly idealistic. The problem wasn't what he was saying... I've heard it all before, It was how he was saying it. He was consistantly be-littling me, taking my ideas and throwing them back in my face. His face was getting red with anger and he was just constantly disagreeing. There was no listening going on in his corner of the table. I eventually decided, this isn't going anywhere, and so I said, "we're just disagreeing, I am going to leave now." and his response was to call me a dick and an asshole just because I wouldn't sit there and take his abuse. 

I left with good composure that night, but the negativity stayed with me. I have had maybe one or two experiences like this recently and I am shocked there can be people this mentally fucked up, so willing to just attack another person. I felt drained all day, I felt angry, like there was a black hole in my chest sucking my energy out from my inside. I have looked into some EFT, emotional freeing techniques, and their lesson is forgive, or it will haunt you.

I agree. But forgiveness is a process, not a thought. 
move slow,
I will heal in due time. 

Oh by the way people will try and drag you down. Take this guy for example, he has never tried to be an entrepreneur, and yet... he could criticise me till the sun came up about how it wouldn't work... what can say but don't let people imprisoned in their own doubt drag you down.

move slow

No comments: